Friday, July 11, 2014

RIP

Warning......sad post.....
 
 
 
 
 
My precious Oliver took his final walk on July 7th, 2014.  I have spoken of his health issues in previous posts and they finally got to be too much for him.  The quality of his life took a dramatic turn on July 6th and I knew that it was my final duty of love to put him out of his misery and let him cross the Rainbow Bridge with dignity.  At 18 1/2 years old,  he was not going to recover and this was the best thing for him. 
 
My heart is broken and bleeding right now, but I know that it will continue to mend and grow stronger.  Time..... you know how that goes.... things will get better with time.  My entire life is upside down..... Oliver was my best friend and constant companion.  I'm divorced....no children.....no immediate family.... with only a few extended family members that live elsewhere.  When you don't have people family, your pets become your family and the loss is almost unbearable.   
 
 
 
The vet sent this little plaque with Oliver's paw print.
 

 
 
When my little Gracie passed, the vet also sent a plaque with her paw prints in it.  The same vet tech did both of these plaques, but there is quite a difference in the way they are making them now.  Sweet mementos and I treasure them.
 
 
 
 
I won't drag this out.   It's too painful.  I just wanted to pass this sad news along.  If you have been following me for awhile, you know that my cats played a major role in my life.  My blog, obviously, was named after them.   I just wanted to give Oliver a little public farewell.  I will always treasure my time with him and my joyful memories of him will live on in my heart forever.  Sweet dreams, my Angel, you were such a blessing in my life! 

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry! I know how impossibly difficult it is to lose a kitty. It has to be one of the hardest decisions we make for our furry friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words.

    xoxo Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. You are a no reply blogger, so I'm unable to reply via email. I do appreciate your thoughtfulness!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Oliver. I love the paw print reminder...I got one for my kitty a few months ago, too, and I treasure it. I am really sad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Oliver. May your pain and sorrow be tempered by the oh so many sweet memories of your loving boy. Crying with you. (((((hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear of this sad news. May God comfort you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for your loss, and the hole in your life you must feel right now. It is never easy, but certainly not so after such a length of time. Lovely mementos to cherish. Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just been catching up on posts and read with sadness about your loss.
    I'm so very sorry. Our sweetheart crossed the Rainbow Bridge in May.
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry, I understand...We've had to do that several times as well. Bless you Jeanie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. {{{{{{{{{Jeanie}}}}}}}}} ... I just stopped in as I realized that I have not seen a post or heard from you in awhile. First I read your post about your time with your friends and I was smiling. Then I read the end of the post and realized I had missed this sad announcement. I am so sorry to read about Oliver crossing the rainbow bridge. Many kitties have filled my life with their joyful purrs in my life and I still hold everyone of them dear. As a child I had my Fluffy from the time I was a small child until I was in college. He was a fighting tomcat and the scourge of the neighborhood but he purred and let me dress her in my doll clothes. My beloved Gennie is smiling down right now at me in a photo above my computer. She, too, was Oliver's age when she crossed the bridge. My little Mina Cat whom we rescued at nine years from the carrier on her way to be put down by her previous owner lived another nine and sat on my shoulder and said goodbye the day before she crossed the bridge. I still miss them. My Butterfly is fourteen now and my constant comfort. Katniss has brought such joy to our lives. I know how sad you are right now and am sending healing prayers. Someday ... when you are ready ... a kitty is waiting to love and be loved ... <3 Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh that was weird..all of a sudden a robot appeared......
    sad to hear of your loss Jeanie...never a good time to lose such a trusted and loyal friend....one of those things that brings tears to my eyes...we love our pets so much... Oliver was really a beautiful cat...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry that my blog reading has not kept up this summer, so sorry to hear of your loss of that sweet kitty.

    ReplyDelete