Friday, July 31, 2015

Don't Faint!

Don't faint..... I finally sewed something.  It may not be much, but it sure felt nice to hear the hum of my sewing machine and actually accomplish something.

I haven't joined a BOM for awhile.... I got a little overwhelmed with keeping up..... but since I've had a break, I couldn't resist the 2015 Mystery Designer BOM.  I love the fabric collection and loved the tease of the blocks that they kind of showed us before signing up.  So here's the before shot of Block #1, all cut out and ready to sew.......


Isn't this a cute block!?  I can see making a whole quilt using this single block....a whole neighborhood of cottages, lined up and looking welcoming.


Block #2, cut out and ready to sew.....


Block #2, finished.  The pattern called these "apartments."  I think they are really cute too, but I think the first cottage block may end up being my favorite block when the year is up.


My LQS is participating in a Row by Row this year.  Although I don't plan to do the Row by Row, I did want to get one of the license plate blocks.  I imagine I'll put this on a zipper bag at some point... or maybe a small wall hanging.

 
Had to show you these Bali Snaps that I got this week.  The Fat Quarter Shop had them on sale for $1.50 on one of their flash sales, so I couldn't resist.  I love Bali Snaps but this one in particular is called "Cockatiel."
 
 
Kirby, my cockatiel, is insisting that I make something for him out of this fabric and who can blame him.  I'm already making him a Christmas stocking, but I guess I should find some way to use these fabrics for him. 

 
Hope your summer is going well.  We've had record amounts of rain, but it has eased up this past week or so.  Our schools start on August 11th, which seems really early.  Summer is flying by, but I always look forward to Fall and cooler temps.  Enjoy your week end! 

4 comments:

  1. I love the house block and the apartment one too!!! The licence plate would make a great bag wouldn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many little pieces to those houses, but definitely worth it. I love them! I'm not sure I want to take on anything else though it really is tempting because they are so cute. The cockatiel fabric is beautiful and I'm sure Kirby deserves something made from it...maybe his own quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking houses Jeanie! I am doing the Cozy Afternoon Block of the Month right now, so I don't have time to add another one now. It's fun to join in those BOM once in a while. There is another house one I downloaded from Craftsy, but I don't know if I will ever get around to making it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Those blocks are fantastic, Jeanie. Really loving that first block and looking forward to more of this from you. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete